The shoe game is a great Ice breaker for before or after dinner!
- To start the shoe game, ask a member of your wedding party to place two chairs back to back in the middle of the dance floor. Sit in one chair and have your partner sit in the other. Then take off your shoes and switch one shoe with your partner. You should each have two different shoes in your hands.
- Designate a “caller” who will come prepared with a list of questions to ask you and your new spouse, or you may have DJ One Tyme host it! (This is a great job for someone who didn’t make it into your wedding party, but whom you still want to be involved.) Each question should start with “Who…?,” as in “Who is the pickier eater?,” or “Who has the better shower singing voice?” You can even get your guests involved by asking them to write their own questions and drop them in a box for the caller to read come game time. The caller should start with simple questions and gradually move to more personal ones (as long as both you and your spouse are comfortable answering them!).
- Once you’re asked a question, raise your partner’s shoe if it describes their tendencies and your own shoe if it represents yours. Your partner should do the same. The trick is that you can’t see your spouse, so you’ll have no idea if they’re answering the same way you are—although you’ll probably be able to tell by your guests’ reactions. Of course, after a few drinks, you and your partner’s answers might get a little unpredictable. But those surprise moments are what make the shoe game so entertaining—especially if you both don’t know the questions ahead of time.
Feel free to forward your own personalized question suggestions! Here are some question suggestions:
1. Who is older?
2. Who has more siblings?
3. When you first met, who made the first move?
4. Who is the better driver?
5. Who has been in more car accidents?
6. Who studied the hardest in school?
7. Who got better grades in school?
8. Who is smarter?
9. Who is more creative?
10. Who is better at keeping surprises?
11. Who will be doing the cooking?
12. Who is more adventurous?
13. Who is more likely to get injured?
14.Who always replaces the toilet paper roll?
15. Who is more likely to be running late?
16. Who is the better dresser?
17. Who is better looking?
18. Who said I love you first?
19. Who starts the argument?
20. Who is first to say “I’m sorry?”
21. Who wears the pants in your relationship?
22. Who spends more money?
23. Who is going to pay the bills?
24. Who will be in control of the remote?
25. Who will be most likely to wake up grumpy?
26. Who is more likely to get lost?
27. Who is more likely to ask for directions?
28. Who is messier?
29. Who has the smelliest feet?
30. Right now, who do you love more than anyone in the world?